Sunday, November 8, 2009

36

was one of the best birthdays ever! I had such a great day. Breakfast in bed (Omelet w/ onions, mushrooms, spinach, pepper jack) followed by lying around for an hour or two. Amy left me hidden messages all over the house and the final one had candy. So cute!

Once my stomach wasn't so full we rode our bikes to the track and ran a mile. We didn't time these. In the late afternoon we drove down to Galveston for dinner and Cirque Shanghai: Bai Xi. We walked along the pier

and ate at Yagga's, which was recommended by some girls at the candy store. They had really good food, and their fried zucchini w/ homemade ranch was the best. The show was amazing. The Chinese acrobats did the most incredible things. It was insane how strong and flexible they were. Really, you shouldn't be able to bend your body in half. It's almost gross. But that's beside the point. I was afraid since it went from 8-10 that Scott and Amy would have a hard time staying awake, but it was so fun to watch that it wasn't a problem. To top it off, I got a bread machine. I'm so excited to try it out. What a great day! I didn't even mind being another year older!!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday! Fried zucchini w/ranch is one of my all time favorites... MMMM I LOVE IT!!

Heidi said...

Looks like a fun day. I'm glad it was a fun celebration. You look great in the pictures.

tamra said...

Happy belated Birthday!!! Sounds like you had an awesome day! Amy is so sweet!