Saturday, March 12, 2011

What turned out to be a miserable morning,

turned into a very special day. I have been sick for 3 days now and this morning I went to the clinic to do a strep test. Luckily no strep, just a viral infection, but by the time I got out of the clinic and got my prescription filled at Wal-Mart (Never go there, they took an hour and 15 minutes!) my in-laws had already arrived from Vernal and I had nothing ready. Luckily Milton and Stephanie stopped by the store and picked up rolls, lunch meat, cheese, veggie tray, fruit tray, cookies, chocolate milk, drinks and probably more that I can't think of right now, so everyone was able to eat lunch and I was able to get myself ready, plus do Samantha's and Amy's hair. He got a new suit and proudly took pictures with his dad before he headed down to the church.
His cousin Austin, Milton and Stephanie's son, was so cute. He wouldn't come to me, but as soon as he saw I wanted to take pictures of him, he totally posed for the camera.
Scott and Marshall ready for the dunking. Scott was a little concerned that the water would be cold, but it was warm. Amy gave the opening prayer and Samantha gave a talk on baptism. Marshall performed the baptism and the confirmation, which I wish I had thought to write down because he said some really wonderful things. A special thank you to Hanna who filled in for the pianist when she had to help her daughter after she was baptized. Most 14 year olds do not want to do impromptu performances, and Hanna was nervous, but she got up and did it anyway and played beautifully.

No comments: