Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

My mother's day was a bit unconventional.  Instead of getting gifts, I wanted to cook a meal that I normally wouldn't cook because it is too expensive.  It took me two hours, but I enjoyed every minute of it.  The kids liked it too, and Marshall offered to clean it up. I wanted to make grilled stuffed lobster from "My Father's Daughter" by Gwenyth Paltrow.  Unfortunately we couldn't find live lobsters in Utah County, and believe me, we tried.  Instead I did grilled stuffed lobster tails. I also made spicy lemon garlic shrimp from The Pioneer Woman and a few other things.  We were so stuffed after eating that I had to lie on the couch while Marshall cleaned.  I also made Pots de Creme from the Pioneer Woman, but it didn't set all the way. 






No comments: