Thursday, April 3, 2014

Age Group State 2014

 It is crazy busy at State. I coach all 7 sessions and Marshall officiates so I don't take any pictures or videos, which is a shame because I miss some great races. I got a pic of Amy and her good friends Anne Merie and McKenna. They are such cute girls and all swam so well. Amy had a really great meet. I wasn't expecting a lot because she had a great meet just 2 weeks before down at St. George but she surprised me again. She got 8th in the 1650 with a 19.53. She went a 2:09 in the 200 free and made it to consolation finals, which was the most surprising swim for her. Then that night at finals she dropped another second and went a low 2:08. I was blown away. The 500 was her best swim of the meet. She went a 5:44 in prelims and made it back to the championship final in 7th place. That night she went dropped another 3 seconds! I was so proud of her. Although she got 5th in the 1000, it was not the best swim. She went under 12 minutes barely with 11:59, but it was only 2 seconds than she was out in the 1650. I was so busy trying to coach my other swimmers that I didn't get her warmed up soon enough and she was waiting to do pace work, so I take some of the blame. Still, she had a great meet. She also swam in 2 of the relays and did an outstanding job. Scott really had a subpar meet. He just couldn't seem to get going. The one exception was his 500 free (it's a Buker thing apparently). He made it back to consolation finals and dropped 14 seconds for a 6:17. Afterwards we all met up at Pizza Pie Cafe, per tradition. Once all the stress of the meet is over, it is nice to get together and have some fun.


No comments: