Saturday, June 6, 2009

School's out,

scream and shout! Samantha actually has a book with that title that she got a few years ago from her friend Hanna. Their last day was Thursday. It's good to be done for the summer. They had a couple of weeks to get an idea of what the school's are like here in Texas, but now we can relax and have fun. We went swimming yesterday and today. I did a few laps. Someone once told me the reason I could do distance freestyle easily, even though that wasn't my event, was because when my arms came out of the water, for a brief second, I somehow relaxed them and let them rest. I could never feel that I was doing it, and he was the only one who ever noticed. Well, I'm not sure I do that anymore. Today it hurt like crazy and I had to rest every 100 meters. But at least I'm swimming again, somewhat.

Scott went to a birthday party the last day of school, so Samantha, Amy and I decided to make dinner and rent a movie. I offered to get pizza, but Amy decided it would be more fun to cook. That's my girl! We made Tuscan Garlic Chicken from what's cookin (They got it off the olive garden web site) and strawberry shortcake. Click here for the recipe.

The chicken was okay; too much cream for my taste. For the shortcake we actually did white cupcakes and just topped them with strawberries and whipped cream. Amy made the cupcakes herself from scratch.

I don't think it was the best recipe for white cake, but they still turned out yummy. We rented Bride Wars (Samantha's choice) and Bedtime Stories (Amy's choice).

And here's a picture of Amy just because I think she's cute.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You look so cute in your new top. Great picture of our Mim!

Samantha said...

you have to celabrate some way or another!! besides it was home made olive garden!!!!!