Monday, June 1, 2009

And we're up and running...

literally. I did a very short run this morning. It was good to get out. I am totally in the wost shape of my life, but at least I've gotten started. And i plan on signing up for the Houston Marathon. Anyone want to join me? Clarks? Hansons? Someone pass this along to Suzanna. I'll bet I can get her to run it. It's in January, and it's flat and you're at sea level. All good things.

But enough about that. What I meant by we're up and running is really the internet. It's good to have it back. Now I can get back to blogging.

First things first. This is the house we are leasing, hoping to purchase.

It's a little older and needs some updating here and there, but it has new cabinets and counter tops, though not granite. 5 bedrooms, one of which is Marshall's office/my exercise room. 3 1/2 baths. Lots of closets for storage and Samantha has a large walk in closet. She and Amy's rooms also connect to a jack and jill bathroom. It's in a nice neighborhood with lots of trees. We like it so far and the schools seem to be good. Plus there is a community pool that we got to go to for Memorial Day. It will be open everyday after school gets out which is this Thursday. It's really just down the street, and there are 12 tennis courts and a running path, (but it's only 1/4 mile). Not too bad.

Then there is a beach.

It is 1 1/2 hours away. We went Saturday. So fun. The waves are small, which is perfect for Scott, but not so much for taller people, and the water is super warm. I almost couldn't believe it. Scott loved picking up sea shells,

and Samantha found a sand dollar.

She also took the picture. Oh yeah, and she also got stung by a jelly fish as we were leaving. Not so much fun. Her arm was so red. When we got home we googled home remedies for it and it is better, but really I would like to know how to NOT get stung.

Overall I guess we're doing quite well. Today we're going to venture out to the library and maybe some tennis.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I'd come run it with you if I could actually keep going for more than 2 miles. Right now I'm up to about 14 minutes of non-stop jogging which is just under a mile and a half. So perhaps 26.2 miles just isn't in the cards for me in this lifetime, lol. But I'm plugging along to at least get into better shape.

Anyway I love the house! It's so pretty,especially with those trees near it and that's great it has a lot of space.

I'm jealous about the beach though! Maybe I need to put Texas on my travel list - so fun!

tamra said...

Not interested in running, although I enjoy walking!

Looks like a great house! I would love to come for a visit and go to the beach with you!!! Sounds like you are likeing Texas so far! How is Marshal liking the new job?

Carrie said...

Sounds like a great neighborhood, and the house looks really nice. Since there are that many tennis courts you're really going to have to get your game on! Glad you're getting settled.

Wendy said...

It looks like a fun area! I hope you get all settle din and enjoy it!