Saturday, July 25, 2009

Today we competed

in our first road race in 4 years. See, here we're still happy. It hasn't started yet.

I wish that i could say that i felt great and did very well. I can't. It hurt. Just plain hurt. Marshall thought i was psyching myself out, but it hurt. Should i say that one more time? It HURT! My time sucked. Yes, SUCKED!! 29.30 and i threw up after. I've only ever thrown up after 2 races my whole life and they were both St. George marathons. This was only a 5K. And i was sweating so much that it was getting into my eyes and burning.

But it's not all bad. I really enjoyed doing the race.

It was in The Woodlands and they have them twice a month. We're going again in 2 weeks to see if i can improve. The Woodlands is really pretty. And next time i will prepare better. Definitely take a towel and gatorade. One thing i noticed i really need to do is lose weight. I'm about 10 pounds heavier than when i ran St. George 4 years ago. It's embarrassing to admit, but i think it will help motivate me to eat better. I had a great finish. There was a teenage girl right in front of us and right at the finish i picked up to a sprint to beat her into the line. She wasn't very happy about it and raced me in, but i got her.
I think that may be why i threw up. And i didn't throw up right away. it took about 20 minutes. I hope the next one is better. It can't possibly be worse, right?

3 comments:

Samantha said...

you guys did a great job! It was so cool to see you start running again!!

Wendy said...

Way to go....it's a great place to start. You finished that's the important thing.

Heidi said...

Nice job especially on the finish. I tried to race someone in on the 1/2 marathon and was unsuccessful. I think that is why it left me feeling down afterwards. Of course, it didn't help that everyone kept saying 100 yards and it was like 300 yards. Good luck on your next one.