Thursday, July 16, 2009

Today

i ran my first sub-30 3 mile run. I know, it's kind of embarrassing to admit that I'm running that slow, but it's been 4 years and it's taking a lot longer to get in shape than i expected. Next weekend we're planning to do our first 5k. i want to go under 29 minutes. eventually it will be a lot faster. Trust me.

Swimming doesn't take me as long to get back into. I guess my body naturally responds to it. After a few weeks i was doing laps and Marshall tried to keep up. He was shocked by how fast i could really swim. The pool has been closed this week so we haven't gone. I only swim because i'm already at the pool and need something to do. I really enjoy running more these days.


2 comments:

Wendy said...

Way to go! Time doesn't matter, you did it.

Anonymous said...

Nice! So jealous & so excited for you!