Sunday, October 25, 2009

I've found a new running partner

but it won't be long before she leaves me behind. Samantha, Marshall and I did another 5K yesterday. It was such a great run. Here she is stretching out. It was pretty cold through the whole run, but it was a nice change from the blazing heat.

I held Samantha back at the start so she wouldn't take it out too fast. We stayed together for the whole race. She was really pushing it hard all the way through.

At the last Marshall told her to sprint for the finish.
I was a little more conservative but still managed a good push. I like this picture of us because we are so in sync.


Samantha's time was 26.38 and mine and Marshall's was a 26.44! I was so excited. That is a 4 minute drop for Samantha and a 1.15 min. drop for me for this year. Amy took the pics with Samantha's point and shoot. She didn't realize that it takes longer for the camera to actually take the picture, but she got some good ones I think.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I wish I could run... That is one thing I am horrible at!! Keep up the good work!

Heidi said...

Nice job Amy. I thought the pictures turned out great. I still have to get over my mental block when it comes to running. So strange -

Heidi said...

That was so awesome Samantha,
great job. It so fun to see your family run, reminds me of when your Mom was little

Carrie said...

Great finishing times! Way to go!

tamra said...

Wow! That is all I can say... Lookin' good!