Friday, February 12, 2010

Rachael Ray always says

that if you get your kids in the kitchen cooking, they will eat whatever they made and they won't be so picky. So Scott and Amy helped with dinner last night. We made tri-berry muffins (minus the blueberries so really it was a duo) and Scott did half the work. It was really cute, actually. Then we sat down to dinner and he picked one apart and asked if next time I could leave out the berries. Clearly parenting advice from someone who has never had children is a lot like marriage advice from someone who has never been married.

The muffins were okay; they actually needed more berries than what I added, but Amy and I made an omelet for 2, that actually feeds 4 and it was so yummy. It even got a "Wow, this is really good" from Marshall, which is praise indeed. I really think you should try it.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I've tried the helping = less pickiness at my house, too. Not always successful here either. I'm happy that Christian finally likes onions and mushrooms. Of course, a lot of butter might have something to do with that.