Sunday, April 12, 2009

For Easter

we did a cake competition on Saturday. Boys against girls. It was Samantha's idea. Which do you like best? The top one is a coconut cake from scratch with cream cheese frosting. This one is a red velvet castle with pudding and chocolate frosting.

Our kids were pretty excited to get up this morning and find Easter baskets. They weren't expecting anything.

Our Easter dinner was good. Ham, potato salad, asparagus, corn, devilled eggs, grandma's jell-o and of course, cake. We had an egg hunt afterwards. I took a few pictures of the kids. Samantha snapped one of me. Marshall was still at the church when we took the pictures and then we didn't pull the camera back out. I was hoping to get a family picture, but I'll have to do that another time.


Tonight we dyed Easter eggs and played games. We had a fun day together. Samantha took these pictures. I was on the phone with my mom. Her birthday is tomorrow. Am I allowed to say how old she is? Hmmm, maybe I'll skip that part.


2 comments:

Samantha said...

Wow that was a good day. I think the bunny cake is the best. The picture are really good. And see my picture takeing is improveing.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great Easter! Both the cakes look very tasty! Help Samantha add me so I can see her blog... My email address is: nkb0915@westminstercollege.edu